I decided to create a blog to share of my next series of adventures. I am aware that it is no longer summer, but I loved the feeling of the summer of adventures so much, and it really was that conscious dedication to adventuring that led to the series of realizations that will pervade the autumn of dreams (that's what I'm calling it for the moment, though that could change)! Basically, summer of adventures ---> life of adventures. Who knew, right?
Anyway, the one thing I would change if I could about this summer is that I would have written more about what I did. I filled notebooks with my own personal musings, and ratcheted off letter after letter to friends around the country, and rambled incessantly at who knows how many friends and acquaintances here in Athens (my apologies!). But I hardly kept anything resembling a day-by-day log. So now, as I plan to embark on a road trip of rather historic proportions, I figure having a brand new blog will help me remember to post my adventures for all the world to see, as it were.
Here we go!
Oh yeah, so this new adventure I'm heading on. It's actually a combination of adventures.
On October 30, this Saturday, I will work my last regularly scheduled day at the Farmacy! Two-plus years, days, weeks, months, of hustle & bustle, love, growing, blossoming - I can't even begin to start. Anyway, the first adventure will be exploring who Athens-Sarah is minus the Farmacy. But only for a few days!
On November 10, but possibly as early as the 6th, I'm headin' west! Well, technically, first I'm heading to West Virginia, which is actually not west of here at all, but it has "west" in the name. I'm going home for the holidays! I'm giving myself 10-14 days to adventure across this great country, see some new things, see some loved ones, meet new people, drive a LOT. (You might have noticed that I'm not taking the most direct route.) That's the second adventure.
Here are the places I'm planning to go (but this could change - it's an adventure, remember?)
- Athens, WV
- Roanoke, VA
- Lexington, KY
- Jefferson City & vicinity, MO
- Lawrence, KS
- Salina, KS
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Denver & metro area, CO
- Ogden, UT
- Boise, ID
- Portland, OR
- Eugene, OR
I'm driving myself crazy with inane preparations, but I'm excited!
After I get to Oregon, I'm not heading back eastward until after Christmas sometime! I am just going to hang out in Oregon like a normal person. I can't wait! That will be the third adventure.
Then I am driving back, probably along a different route than I drove out on, probably much more southerly. We'll find out!
When I get back to Athens (this is still the plan, to return), I am going back to school at OU! So many adventures I think I lost count!
Also, thank you in advance for your tolerance of my overuse of the word "adventure," and my overuse of words in general.
YAY for adventures! I can't wait to read your blog :)
ReplyDelete