Somehow, I survived the Last Day Of School with my composure relatively intact, but the lasts keep coming.
Following two teacher work days in which I felt closer to my mentor teacher and the other staff than ever before, Friday was my Last Day In Vernonia.
Friday evening, I watched a dear family friend, essentially a sister, graduate from high school (a valedictorian, no less!).
Yesterday, large amounts of unexpected schoolwork and large amounts of beer intersected in what was arguably at once the worst and best day of grad school yet, but more importantly was decidedly the Last Day Of Grad School.
I guess that makes today seem pretty mild. Today is, simply, My Last Sunday In Portland.
More importantly, this Sunday marks the start of my Last Week In Portland. I will go to sleep and wake up six more times in Portland before the next adventure phase of my life begins. Saturday, I will hit the road, heading first south and then east for a summer of visiting, reconnecting, and rejuvenating.
No comments:
Post a Comment